Earlier this month, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said the U.S. was "certainly looking at" banning Chinese social media apps, including TikTok, but offered no further details.
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo made the announcement a day after the British government said it would ban Huawei from its 5G networks over concerns that sensitive data could be compromised by the China and the Chinese Communist Party.
The report, which calls for accountability for targeted killings by armed drones and for greater regulation of the weapons, says the drone strike violated the UN Charter.
The United Nations and the U.S. State Department announced Tuesday that Washington had submitted formal notification that the U.S. would withdraw from the WHO within a year.
The app, which is not available in China, has sought to distance itself from its Chinese roots to appeal to a global audience and has emphasized its independence from China.
Pompeo called for the U.S. to compensate the Iranian people for the damage and vehemently opposed any extension of the arms embargo.
Chinese prosecutors this month charged Canadians Michael Kovrig, a former diplomat, and Michael Spavor, a businessman, for suspected espionage.
Pompeo and his deputy Stephen Biegun held closed-door talks with the Chinese Communist Party's top diplomat, Yang Jiechi, at Hickam Air Force Base in Honolulu.